Below is the promotional calendar for 2021 UNM Football Season.
Group Ticket Promotions
Group tickets are available for every UNM football game. Groups have the opportunity to purchase discounted tickets. Groups can participate in other exciting promotions like these.
Primary Group Ticket Benefits
- Reduced Price Tickets: Group tickets are sold at a discounted rate lower than regular tickets.
- On Field Picture: Your group (of 30 or more) can get their picture taken on the field after the game with your group’s name on the videoboard in the background.
- On the Field During Intros (Youth): Youth groups can be down on the field with the band and cheerleaders as the Lobos take the field before the game (100 minimum).
- Performance in the Howl Zone: Bring your dance or other performing arts group to the Howl Zone to perform for Lobos fans before the game (50 minimum).
- Videoboard Recognition: A message to your group will appear during the game on the board.
- Cater-to-you Packages: If you have an idea for something your group would like to do, let us know. We will work with you to try and craft a nice group experience.
UNM vs. Houston Baptist (September 2)
- The Pack is Back: Join us for the 2021 Lobo Football season opener as the Lobos host Houston Baptist. The Pack is back, so come out and celebrate the first official home game of the Danny Gonzales era, to include a new & improved Howl Zone (featuring KOBQ’s own Carlos and Kiki on stage each week with their favorite DJ Mix.) The day will also include recognition of those who have been on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lobo Pledge Recognition: Up to 1,000 fans will be receiving complementary tickets to this home opener for taking the #LoboPledge and helping flatten the curve during the COVID-19 pandemic
UNM vs. NMSU (September 11)
- Rio Grande Rivalry: New Mexico State returns to Albuquerque for the Rio Grande Rivalry. Fans from all over New Mexico will come to town for this matchup between the Lobos and the Aggies.
- 9/11 20th Anniversary Recognition: September 11, 2021 marks the 20th anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center’s Twin Towers and the Pentagon. We will recognize and honor the first responders and those that we lost on that day.
- American Indian Leaders Recognition: The Lobos will recognize American Indian Leaders in collaborations with American Indian Student Services on campus and local groups.
UNM vs. Air Force (October 2)
- We Are New Mexico Day: UNM planning big event surrounding the game to involve many partners in Albuquerque and state of New Mexico.
- Hispanic Heritage Day: The Lobos are planning a very special day for our Hispanic community including special food, special music and special performances. Stay tuned to GoLobos.com for more details as they happen.
UNM vs. Colorado State (October 16)
- Lobos Love Pink: In conjunction with the UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Lobos show support for breast cancer awareness and those that have been affected by breast cancer. The day will include pink themed giveaways and cancer survivor/patient recognitions on the field and video board. Check back for more information soon.
- Youth Football Day: Youth football teams are invited to the game. Youth football/sports teams will be contacted in advance to buy discounted group tickets and encouraged to wear their jerseys. Teams who register in advance will have the opportunity to go onto the field pregame and have their names read on the PA and shown on the video board as they walk onto the field.
- Educators Day: In conjunction with Mountain West Conference’s “Extra Yards For Teachers” program, educators are invited to this game at a discount. Area teachers will have the opportunity to take part in a pregame tailgate, take part in on-field contests and win prizes throughout the game.
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day: The Lobos invite UNM faculty and staff to the game for free. We also invite you to join us at our free pregame faculty and staff tailgate.
UNM vs. UNLV (November 6)
- Homecoming: Stay tuned to GoLobos.com for more details as they happen.
- Heroes Day: We recognize the brave men and women of the US Armed Forces and those who serve the community as first responders. You won’t want to miss our displays, including military displays in the Howl Zone. A swearing-in ceremony will take place on the field.
UNM vs. Utah State (November 26)
- Senior Day: Join us as we say goodbye to our senior class at their final game at University Stadium!
- Fan Appreciation Day: TBD. Check back for more.
- Take a Kid to the Game Day: Fans who purchase a regular adult ticket can get a youth ticket for half price.
Season Long Promotions
Check out these promotions to be staged at most Lobo football games this fall.
- Lobo Upcoming Sports Report: Find out what is going on with all the fall UNM sports, and check out upcoming events coming to campus.
- Campus Highlight: Each week we will highlight a student group on campus that is doing big things for their organization, the university & the community.
- Cams: Lobo fans will have ample opportunity to see themselves on the big board this year. Cams include Simba Cam, Oblivious Cam, Smile Cam, Selfie Cam, Dance Cam, and more.
- Fan Engaging Video Contest: Stay in your seat and enjoy the challenge of these video features.
- Social Media Photo Wall: Connect with us on social media with the hashtags #GoLobos, and #WeAreNM to see your posts on the big board during the game.
On Field Features
- Band Performances : Don’t miss the pregame and halftime performance of the UNM Band.
- Spirit Squad: The UNM cheer and dance teams perform during all Lobo football games.
- On Field Contests: Lucky Lobo fans will be brought on the field and given a chance to win at every game.
- Group Welcomes: Group welcomes make their way to Lobo Football this season, some may or may not be real.
- 1st Half Highlights: Catch highlights from the first half of play at halftime.
More: There are more fun ideas in the works for season-long entertainment at Lobo Football.