Below is the promotional calendar for 2022 UNM Football Season.
Group Ticket Promotions
Group tickets are available for every UNM football game. Groups have the opportunity to purchase discounted tickets. Groups can participate in other exciting promotions like these.
Primary Group Ticket Benefits
- Reduced Price Tickets: Group tickets are sold at a discounted rate lower than regular tickets.
- On Field Picture: Your group (of 30 or more) can get their picture taken on the field after the game with your group’s name on the videoboard in the background.
- On the Field During Intros (Youth): Youth groups can be down on the field with the band and cheerleaders as the Lobos take the field before the game (100 minimum).
- Performance in the Howl Zone: Bring your dance or other performing arts group to the Howl Zone to perform for Lobos fans before the game (50 minimum).
- Videoboard Recognition: A message to your group will appear during the game on the board.
- Cater-to-you Packages: If you have an idea for something your group would like to do, let us know. We will work with you to try and craft a nice group experience.
UNM vs. Maine (September 3rd – 6:00pm)
- Home opener – Lobo Football is back! Don’t miss your first chance to check out the team as they continue their drive to win 5. Check out the new and improved Howl Zone, and updated in-game elements!
- Student tunnel – All UNM students, especially Freshman, are welcomed onto the field to form a tunnel for the UNM football team to run though as they enter the field. Be a part of the action as the fireworks, music, and video happen for the pregame intro.
UNM vs. Boise State (September 9th – 7:00 pm)
- APS School Day
- Education Day – In conjunction with the Mountain West Conference’s “Extra Yards For Teachers” program, educators are invited to this game at a discount. Area teachers will have the opportunity to take part in a pre-game tailgate, take part in on-field contests and win prizes throughout the game.
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation – The Lobos Invite UNM faculty and staff to the game at a discount. We also invite you to join us at our free pregame faculty and staff tailgate.
- YAFL/Youth Sports – In addition to inviting all youth football leagues and youth sports leagues out to the game for a discounted group rate.
- Girl Scouts – In addition to inviting all Girl Scouts out to the game for a discounted group rate.
UNM vs. UTEP (September 17th – 6:00pm)
- We are New Mexico Day – WANM day will be a big event surrounding the game and UNM Athletics latest Marketing campaign “We are New Mexico”. This day involves many partners in Albuquerque and the State of New Mexico, incorporating many elements that make the great state of New Mexico unique. We will partner with the Hispano Chamber of Commerce.
- Indigenous and Hispanic Heritage Day – As one of the many elements that make New Mexico unique, we will celebrate both Indigenous and Hispanic heritage. Expect a very special day for both communities including special food, music, and performances.
- WAC Champion 1962 Team Recognition – The WAC Championship 1962 team will be brought back to University Stadium to be recognized on field.
- 1982 Team Recognition – The 1982 Lobo Football team will be brough back to University Stadium to be recognized on field. The 1982 team went 10-1 but wasn’t able to attend the bowl game. This team is still the only 10-win team in UNM football history.
- 1997 Team Recognition – The 1997 Lobo Football team will be back to University Stadium to be recognized on field
UNM vs. Wyoming (October 8th – 5:00pm)
- Heroes Day – We recognize the brave men and women of the US Armed Forces and those who serve the community as first responder. You won’t want to miss our displays in the Howl Zone.
- Scout Day – Boy Scouts are invited to the game for discounted price.
UNM vs. Fresno State (October 22nd – Time TBA)
- Homecoming – The 2022 Homecoming celebration will be conducted in partnership with UNM Alumni Association. Look forward to additions to the gameday atmosphere including pregame tailgate elements and the coronation of the Homecoming King and Queen.
- Lobos Love Pink – In conjunction with the UNNM Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Lobos show support for breast cancer awareness and those that have been affected by breast cancer. The day will include pink themed giveaways and cancer survivor/patient recognitions on the field and video board.
- Junior Lobos – UNM Spirit Junior Lobos performance will take place during this game.
UNM vs. San Diego State (November 19th – Time TBA)
- Senior Day – Join us as we say goodbye to our senior class at their final game at University Stadium!
- Hall of Honor – Those inducted into the UNM Hall of Honor will be recognized on field during this game.
- Fan Appreciation Day – There will be more appreciation as well, fans in attendance will have many opportunities during the game to win prizes.
- Take a Kid to the Game Day – Fans who purchase a regular adult ticket can get a youth ticket for half price.
- Razzle Dazzle – Area cheer group Razzle Dazzle has been invited to the game to perform at halftime.
Season Long Promotions
Check out these promotions to be staged at most Lobo football games this fall.
On Field Features
- Band Performances : Don’t miss the pregame and halftime performance of the UNM Band.
- Spirit Squad: The UNM cheer and dance teams perform during all Lobo football games.
- On Field Contests: Lucky Lobo fans will be brought on the field and given a chance to win at every game.
More: There are more fun ideas in the works for season-long entertainment at Lobo Football.