What is SAAC?
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) at the University of New Mexico is a dynamic group of student-athletes dedicated to providing a voice for the interests and concerns of the student-athletes. This committee serves as the student-athlete leadership group here at UNM. SAAC directs its energy in addressing areas such as academics, student-athlete welfare, community service, university relations and career development. Through these efforts, the committee hopes to foster camaraderie and unity between student-athletes, UNM administration and the surrounding community.
What would you do as a SAAC representative?
- Make a difference on your team
- Represent your team’s interests to the UNM athletics administration
- Be your team’s voice to the NCAA governing body
- Make a difference for UNM
- Collaborate with fellow UNM student-athletes
- Instill school spirit in fellow students
- Be role models on campus
- Create a better environment for student-athletes
- Make a difference in your community
- Engage in community service projects
- Help raise money for worthy causes
- Represent UNM athletics in a positive manner to the community and fans
- Make a difference in your own life
- Become a leader
- Help improve your student-athlete experience
- Learn valuable life skills