The UNM Athletic Department is looking for highly motivated and dedicated students with an interest in growing professionally to become a part of the UNM Athletic Department Internship Program. The program offers UNM students the opportunity to gain experience in the fields of communications, marketing, television production, ticket office and more – right here in Albuquerque. Full internship availability list HERE.
Working with the various departments in the UNM Athletic Department is an outstanding way to build a resume and prepare for careers in athletics, public relations, marketing, television production and many more. Former interns have gone on to work for professional teams, college teams as well as in entertainment and business fields. Several interns have also been hired as full-time UNM staff after graduation when positions have become available.
Interviews will be scheduled with the top candidates within each individual department. IMPORTANT: As each department has a limited number of positions available, it is important to select ALL of the positions that you would like to apply for. Each individual department will contact applicants for interviews as the process progresses.
1 – Complete our online application*
2 – Email supplemental material to the department(s) you are applying for (see contact list below)
*NOTE – When using the online application, selecting multiple departments will serve as applying to each separate position. You will get a response from those individual departments if you are chosen to advance to the interview process.
– Must have strong communication skills
– Must be available to work some night and weekend events
– Must be able to work at least 10 hours per week, unless otherwise noted
– Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently
– Must be eager to be a part of a exciting, fast-paced environment
POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN:
(Contacts in parentheses – send required resume and/or cover letter to contacts below – resume required for all positions, cover letter and resume required for Communications applicants)
– Communications (Contact: Allison Weiss, Assistant Director of Communications – email@example.com)
– Creative Services (Contact: Chase Christiansen, Assistant A.D. for Creative Services – firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Lobo TV (Contact: Chase Christiansen, Assistant A.D. for Creative Services – email@example.com)
– Marketing I (Contact: Stanley Frazier, Assistant A.D. for Marketing – firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Marketing II (Contact: Stanley Frazier, Assistant A.D. for Marketing – email@example.com)
– Ticket Office (Contact: Brady Orvik, Assistant A.D. for Ticketing – firstname.lastname@example.org)
For any questions or for more information regarding the internship opportunities available in the UNM Athletic Department Internship Program, contact email@example.com or view the internship breakdown program HERE.