UNDERSTANDING WHAT YOU NEED FOR GAMEDAY
|Proof of Vaccination||Negative COVID-19 from the On-Site Testing at South Campus||Kid’s Under the Age of 12||Mask|
Vaccination is defined as having received the final dose in the COVID-19 vaccine series at least two (2) weeks prior to gameday.
Accepted forms of proof of vaccination:
Without proof of vaccination, fans must have a negative COVID-19 test The two types of tests are:
A PCR test must be within 72 hours of the event. An antigen test must be within 24 hours of the event. Fans would only need either a PCR test or an antigen test, not both. Results must come from test provider or laboratory and be in a printed, email, or text form. All results must include name, type of test and date of test.
*Home tests will NOT be accepted
Children under the age of 12 are not required to present proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test.
|As of February 17, 2022 the mask requirement at the Pit has been lifted. Masks are optional for fans, but are still encouraged.|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT DAY WILL THESE COVID-19 PROTOCOLS BE IMPLEMENTED AND HOW LONG WILL THESE PROTOCOLS BE IMPLEMENTED?
- New Covid-19 protocols will be implemented starting at the Women’s Basketball game on December 28th, 2021 at 2pm and Men’s Basketball game on December 28th, 2021 at 9pm until further notice.
- WHAT IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND AN EVENT IN THE PIT?
- All fans 12 and older attending events, including men’s or women’s basketball, at The Pit will be required to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test.
- WHAT IS CONSIDERED “BEING VACCINATED”?
- Being vaccinated is defined as having received the final dose in the COVID-19 vaccine series at least two (2) weeks prior to gameday. This means a minimum of two weeks following the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines (or AstraZeneca for international fans) or a minimum of two weeks following the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- CAN I STILL ATTEND A LOBO HOME GAME IF I’M PARTIALLY VACCINATED?
- Yes, guests who are not yet vaccinated, having only received one dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or are not yet beyond the two-week minimum window, may still attend with a negative COVID-19 test for entry.
- DO I NEED TO SHOW MY ORIGINAL VACCINATION CARD OR PROOF OF NEGATIVE TEST?
- You may show your physical vaccination card (which includes your name, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided and date last dose was administered) OR a photo of a vaccination card OR a photo of your vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device OR documentation of your vaccination against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider. You will need a government issued ID card as well, such as a driver’s license
- WHAT TYPES OF COVID-19 TESTS WILL BE ACCEPTED?
- Antigen and PCR tests are accepted. A PCR test must be within 72 hours and an antigen test must be within 24 hours of the event. Fans would need proof of one of those tests, they do not need to show proof of both tests. At home, self-administered tests will not be accepted.
- HOW DO I PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION OR NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS ON GAME DAY?
- Please utilize the recommended entry listed on your mobile ticket. Prior to going through security at entry, you will be required to show proof of vaccination or proof of negative COVID test result.
- DO ALL GUESTS NEED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION OR NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS? ARE THERE ANY AGE RESTRICTIONS?
- All guests 12 years of age and older need to either be vaccinated or show that they tested negative for COVID-19. Children under the age of 12 are not required to take a COVID-19 test to attend events in The Pit.
- WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE PROOF OF VACCINATION OR NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS?
- All guests 12 years of age and older are required to provide proof of vaccination OR a negative test result to enter The Pit. If you do not have proof of vaccination or negative test results, you will not be allowed inside The Pit.
- I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO GET A COVID TEST. CAN I GET ONE AT THE PIT?
- Yes, through a partnership with UNM Athletics and Southwest Labs, fans needing a COVID test will be able to take one onsite for free. Those tests will be located on the north concourse of The Pit (PLease note this is change from the original proposed location of the Stadium East parking lot). Fans needing a COVID test to enter the event can enter the building at the Northwest Corner, and fans must have government issued ID, such as a driver’s license. Fans can enter for testing two hours prior to game time.
- I’M A SEASON TICKET MEMBER. DO I NEED TO SHOW PROOF OF VACCINATION OR A NEGATIVE TEST RESULT AT EVERY GAME?
- Yes, under current mandates proof of vaccination or a negative test result will need to be shown at every game prior to entry.
- DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
- As of February 17, 2022 the mask requirement at the Pit has been lifted. Masks are optional for fans, but are still encouraged.
- WHAT IF I AM EXEMPT?
- If you are exempt, you may enter The Pit if you show a negative COVID test. A PCR test must be within 72 hours and an antigen test must be within 24 hours of the event. Home COVID tests are not valid for this type of entry.
- WHAT IF I LOST MY COVID-19 VACCINATION CARD?
- New Mexicans who misplace their vaccine card can contact the provider that administered their vaccine and ask for a replacement. New Mexicans can also visit vaxviewnm.org to obtain their immunization record, which should show that they’ve completed the vaccine series (assuming the provider has correctly reported it to NMSIIS already). If you experience difficulty logging in, please call the NMSIIS Help Desk at 833-882-6454 for assistance.
- I’M A SEASON TICKET HOLDER AND I DON’T WANT TO COME TO A GAME AT THE PIT DUE TO THE NEW COVID-19 PROTOCOLS. WHOM DO I CONTACT?
- If you have questions, concerns, comments, or would like to inquire about a possible refund, you may go to a special form located below at golobos.com/COVID19. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response. Please note that all refund requests must be submitted by January 10, 2022.